sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] swig

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Seth Alan Woolley <seth AT positivism.org>
  • To: tomas.necas AT volny.cz, sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] swig
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 10:35:08 -0700

Actually, cygwin I think still uses .dll files as a library containers,
so my suggestion is probably pretty meaningless.

On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 10:25:04AM -0700, Seth Alan Woolley wrote:
> Did you mean to send this to cygwin's discussion group, or are you
> making a win32/cygwin port of sorcery/sourcemage?
>
> I would first make sure libperl.so is built. Sometimes libperl.a is the
> only one that exists, we didn't build libperl.so at first, for example.
> You can check out our perl spell for info on how we handle that part.
>
> To be more helpful, I'd need more information, such as knowledge of what
> symbols your perl was built with, for example. Since I have no direct
> experience with compiling on cygwin, I'd have to play around with a
> similar environment to help you. I have no such environment and I
> doubt others here have one either.
>
> Seth
>
> On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 12:16:09PM +0200, tomas.necas AT volny.cz wrote:
> > Hi
> > please I have trouble with swig. I have done everything according
> > to Swig Tutorial http://www.swig.org/tutorial.html and the third
> > command
> > ld -G -shared example.o example_wrap.o -o _example.so
> > make me this trouble :
> > example_wrap.o(.text+0x1d24):example_wrap.c: undefined reference to
> > 'Perl_sv_setpv' ...
> > I tried to something like that >
> > ld -G -shared example.o example_wrap.o -o _example.so -lc -lpthread
> > -L/lib/perl5/5.8/cygwin/CORE -lperl
> > but the same result or it doesnt can some of this commands (like a
> > -lc)
> >
> > Please whats wrong?
> > win32, perl5.8, swig
> > thanks tom

Quality Assurance Team Leader & Security Team: Source Mage GNU/linux
Linux so advanced, it may as well be magic http://www.sourcemage.org
Key id FDCEE733 = 5302 B414 64C4 6112 3454 E082 99F0 69DC FDCE E733