sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] install_www_files change

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] install_www_files change
  • Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 16:12:03 -0700

Quoting Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>:
Quoting Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>:
<snip>
I've attached a diff of how I'd like install_www_files to work (renamed
to install_www_file to match install_config_file syntax) as well as an
example INSTALL file (from my drupal spell I'm working on) that uses it
(and it works so far ;)).

Let me know what you think, if you think anything of it. ;)

If no one has any problems with this then I'll probably put it into
devel and test tomorrow or so (along with updating any packages that
use install_www_files).

The new and improved install_www_files is now in devel and test. The
Horde framework has been updated to use this and drupal, which uses
this as well, added.

install_www_files takes a directory location (./ if you want the current
directory) and finds all files from there on and installs them to
$INSTALL_ROOT/usr/share/www/$SPELL (if you pass a second argument to
install_www_files then this location is overridden, and $INSTALL_ROOT
is still prepended to the destination, but only once).

Other web-based spells should probably be updated to use this as
install_www_files uses install_config_file for installing the files
(treating all web files as configuration files so that if an admin
changes their web page then their changes are not overwritten).

Feedback is, as always, welcome, but keep in mind I've given you time
before now to give feedback. ;)

-sandalle

eric at sandall.us PGP: 0xA8EFDD61 | http://www.sourcemage.org/
http://eric.sandall.us/ | SysAdmin @ Inst. Shock Physics @
WSU

  • Re: [SM-Discuss] install_www_files change, Eric Sandall, 06/02/2005