sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] shadow's adduser sucks

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] shadow's adduser sucks
  • Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 20:53:11 -0700

Quoting Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>:
Hey all,

I've been playing with /etc/default/useradd (to set defaults for
useradd), but I wanted to use adduser as that'll setup /home and
/var/spool/mail. I figured that since adduser uses useradd it'd use
useradd's defaults (as defined in /etc/default/useradd), but no, the
adduser script uses it's own default for group and shell (my main beef
with it). So attached is a patch that I'd like to have optionally
applied to shadow so that it uses the defaults for group and shell
(other defaults should probably be added, which I can do as well if you
want).

-sandalle

And I'd want to submit this to the shadow devs as well so that adduser
works properly for everyone. :)

-sandalle

eric at sandall.us PGP: 0xA8EFDD61 | http://www.sourcemage.org/
http://eric.sandall.us/ | SysAdmin @ Inst. Shock Physics @