sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] New ideas..

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Seth Alan Woolley <seth AT positivism.org>
  • To: Wourgs <sourcemage AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] New ideas..
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 11:28:58 -0700

Our binary resurrect system has come a long way. The QA team will have
precompiled packages for everything on the iso and perhaps the 235
most-used spells (half of all casts). But it will take time before I we
release these because we need to have a well-thought out, predictable
set of defaults for each precompiled binary we provide. As such, I'd
like to keep the precompiled packages minimal, because we really are
more about flexibility than setup speed.

It's a lot of work, and at least for the ISO, it's definitely worth it.

For anything else, returns grown thinner and thinner.