sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] New ideas..

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Wourgs <sourcemage AT gmail.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] New ideas..
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 20:00:53 +0200

Hello everyone.. The job of today would have been to start the
"magebox project", running Source Mage GNU/Linux on Microsoft Xbox,
but since my webcam and USB memory storage didn't arrive to day, I
couldn't start it! :( I'll guess, it'll happen tomorrow.. The goal
here will be to conquer the Xbox Linux users, but I'll only do it with
your agreement.. We shouldn't worry about getting overflooded by
newbeginners this time, because setting up an Xbox with Linux should
be very difficult for some. As soon as I'm ready, I'll be using my
webcam to record my actions (only if it'll work), and then you can
watch it. :)

Back to my topic for today: I don't know, if it has been discussed
before, but I wish, that we can make a binary package repository for
Sorcery (maybe a binary-stable package tree if it is possible).This
will give Source Mage GNU/Linux a great advantage, because most source
based distributions don't support a package manager, which can handle
binary packages and source packages..

Please do not flame, and please don't think, that I want to make
Source Mage GNU/Linux to an improved version of Fedora. I just want to
give the user of SMGL more options.. :)

Sincerely Wourgs.. (that's my name for now on) =)