sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] firefox preferences

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Jeremy Blosser (emrys)" <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] firefox preferences
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 09:09:52 -0500

On May 17, Andrew [afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com] wrote:
> Ive noticed that on firefox (since around 1.0, and including 1.0.4)
> if I load the preferences dialog my selections aren't reflected in the
> dialog. For example in Advanced -> Security, all three checkboxes (ssl 2,
> ssl 3 and tls) are always unchecked. If I check them, click okay then
> reload the preferences the checkboxes are still unchecked. It appears
> that when I choose certain settings they are remembered, eg, ssl does
> work, just usually not present in the dialog. I've tried firefox-bin
> and it doesnt seem to have this problem. Has anyone else seen this? If
> so I'll file a bug and we can compare notes.

I've had issues recently with ~/.mozilla/plugins not working until I linked
them into ~/.firefox/plugins, and then more issues with various settings
not persisting between sessions. I suspect the newer versions may be less
tolerant of the use of both the .mozilla and .firefox directories. (Aren't
we doing something in the build to force this to get setup the way it is?
I'm sure it's something firefox documents, but we know about their bit
rot.)