sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] firefox preferences

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] firefox preferences
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 13:52:28 -0700

On Tue, May 17, 2005 at 10:59:51AM -0700, Eric Sandall wrote:
> Quoting Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>:
> > Ive noticed that on firefox (since around 1.0, and including 1.0.4)
> > if I load the preferences dialog my selections aren't reflected in the
> > dialog. For example in Advanced -> Security, all three checkboxes (ssl 2,
> > ssl 3 and tls) are always unchecked. If I check them, click okay then
> > reload the preferences the checkboxes are still unchecked. It appears
> > that when I choose certain settings they are remembered, eg, ssl does
> > work, just usually not present in the dialog. I've tried firefox-bin
> > and it doesnt seem to have this problem. Has anyone else seen this? If
> > so I'll file a bug and we can compare notes.
>
> Mine seems to be using those selections. Have you tried moving ~/.firefox
> and/or
> ~/.mozilla to see if that fixes it? Might be from pre 1.0 settings.

Its not that the settings arent used (they are), they just dont show up
in the preferences dialog. Ive seen this on several machines, one of
which was very recently installed. I've rebuilt firefox several times
with no luck, Ive moved the .firefox and .mozilla directories off
to the side to try new settings, with no luck. Whats worse, is the
settings I do choose are displayed correctly in firefox-bin, just not
compiled firefox.

-Andrew