sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Please test NSPR-NSS-Gaim chain

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: George Sherwood <pilot AT beernabeer.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Please test NSPR-NSS-Gaim chain
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 14:43:03 -0400

On Mon, 2005-05-16 at 10:05 -0400, Sergey A. Lipnevich wrote:
> Quoting "David Michael Leo Brown Jr." <dmlb2000 AT excite.com>:
>
> > Well it looks like it works for me, gaim-encryption needs to be fixed...
> > it still depends on MOZILLA-NSS...
> >
> > mozilla gaim nss nspr all went fine no problems here...
>
> Thanks! I didn't know gaim-encryption uses NSS, I'll fix it unless you
> get there
> first :-). I'd like to make these things work with firefox, mozilla, and
> evolution2, before it goes into test.
>
> Sergey.

I installed NSPR, NSS and Gaim from devel and ran into a few problems.
Evolution2 would no longer start. It failed with this error:
evolution-2.2: error while loading shared libraries: libplds4.so: cannot

I tried building without NSS but still had some problems. Gaim built,
but would segfault when I started. I think this was due to the
gevolution plugin, but I didn't track it all down yet.

George