sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] stable-rc grimoire cut from test grimoire and ready for download

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] stable-rc grimoire cut from test grimoire and ready for download
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 12:03:18 +0200

On Thu, May 12, 2005 at 01:25:51AM -0700, Seth Alan Woolley wrote:
> Up to 279 spells installed from stable-rc. Grub won't work since it
> seems to require a 32-bit compiler -- gentoo just uses the 32-bit
> compiler to build it on their x86_64. The most commonly used 235 spells
> comprising half of all spells installed according to lace's stats server
> have all been tested on x86_64 and compile at least in some
> configuratino -- except grub, which I think will never be able to be
> compiled for it. We might need to consider specifying which arches a
> spell will build to in DETAILS.

Overall very nice :)
grub will indeed never support anything besides i386 as it's not
developed anymore. Grub2 is the next generation effort with the goal to
make it portable, but that will probably still take some time.

A flag for architectures might indeed be helpful, though if we go that
way it should be possible to say "this spell builds only on the
following architectures" or "this spell builds everywhere _except_ the
following architectures".