sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] stable-rc grimoire cut from test grimoire and ready for download

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Seth Alan Woolley <seth AT positivism.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] stable-rc grimoire cut from test grimoire and ready for download
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 01:25:51 -0700

Up to 279 spells installed from stable-rc. Grub won't work since it
seems to require a 32-bit compiler -- gentoo just uses the 32-bit
compiler to build it on their x86_64. The most commonly used 235 spells
comprising half of all spells installed according to lace's stats server
have all been tested on x86_64 and compile at least in some
configuratino -- except grub, which I think will never be able to be
compiled for it. We might need to consider specifying which arches a
spell will build to in DETAILS.

Now I'll start a rebuild and see how it goes :)

Seth

On Tue, May 10, 2005 at 01:11:07AM -0700, Seth Alan Woolley wrote:
> I've tested 108 spells on x86-64 arch already ... everything works
> except libcap, which I have a fix for, and that was broken in all other
> grimoires too (needs -fPIC for x86_64 arch)
>
> Even binutils 2.16 works like a charm.
>
> Assuming no big bugs, next weekend I plan on integrating it to stable,
> but I'll rebuild again after fixing libcap just to be sure.
>
> Seth
>
> On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 10:28:47PM -0700, Seth Alan Woolley wrote:
> > make sure you're in test grimoire or lower:
> >
> > scribe update
> > cast -c sorcery-pubkeys
> > scribe add stable-rc
> >
> > otherwise:
> >
> > scribe add stable-rc # will warn about not being able to find the key
> > or
> > scribe add test
> > cast -c sorcery-pubkeys
> > scribe add stable-rc
> >
> > Please test and file bugs against the stable-rc grimoire. Any bugs not
> > already in stable will be fixed in devel / test / stable-rc/0.0 and then
> > we'll repeat until we're satisfied it is ready for release as stable, at
> > which point stable will be replaced with it entirely and a new stable-rc
> > will be cut.
> >
> > Oh and be sure to use bugzilla, not the mailing lists, to file bugs.

Key id 00BA3AF3 = 8BE0 A72E A47E A92A 0737 F2FF 7A3F 6D3C 00BA 3AF3
Quality Assurance Team Leader; Security Team Member, Leader Emeritus
Linux so advanced, it may as well be magic http://www.sourcemage.org
Elected Coordinating Committee Member, Secretary, and Finances Chair
Pacific Green Party of Oregon - Peace - http://www.pacificgreens.org