sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Source Mage Stats

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Duane Malcolm <d.malcolm AT auckland.ac.nz>
  • To: Ladislav Hagara <ladislav.hagara AT unob.cz>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org, Jindrau AT seznam.cz
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Source Mage Stats
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 11:19:28 +1200

Hi,

I'm not sure how much work this will be, but if we could have a spell that includes optional dependencies on setting up a cron job and proxy setup, then I could set my computer up to update automatically even through a proxy. I don't know how to setup a cron job or get through my proxy with curl. I had a small attempt but failed.

Make it easy as typing "cast -r -c ledger" and more/most people will use it.

Cheers, Duane.

Ladislav Hagara wrote:
Howdy all,

again a litle about "Source Mage Stats" server [1].
Just now we have 44 registered users and 69 registered computers. Some computers are already regularly updated via crontab. :-)

Some of users however use old version of smglstats.sh. The actual version is 0.04. If you use old version (VERSION is written in smglstats.sh) please download new one [2].

We need some magic name for this project and DNS record (????.sourcemage.org). There are some suggestion: oracle, seeress, ledger, bookkeeper, barister, historian. Which one shoud we use? It will became a spell (command) in smgl section.

New users and computers are welcome [3]. :-)
More users and up-to-date computers = more accurate stats.

[1] http://83.240.17.229/~babca/
[2] http://83.240.17.229/~babca/smglstats.sh
[3] http://83.240.17.229/~babca/users/about.php

PS: Have you clicked on http://distrowatch.com/sourcemage today ? :-)