sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Source Mage Stats

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Pol Vinogradov <vin.public AT gmail.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Source Mage Stats
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 01:54:09 +0500

Adam Clark wrote:
On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 12:36:35PM -0700, Andrew wrote:

On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 08:09:03PM +0200, Ladislav Hagara wrote:

Howdy all,

We need some magic name for this project and DNS record
(????.sourcemage.org). There are some suggestion: oracle, seeress,
ledger,  bookkeeper, barister, historian. Which one shoud we use? It
will became a spell (command) in smgl section.

New users and computers are welcome [3]. :-)
More users and up-to-date computers = more accurate stats.

[1] http://83.240.17.229/~babca/
[2] http://83.240.17.229/~babca/smglstats.sh
[3] http://83.240.17.229/~babca/users/about.php

For the hostname, I like 'ledger' since the site is sort of a running
tally of smgl systems. Speaking of which, looks like its up to 46 users
and 72 machines now :-)

Maybe we should encourage new users to register by having instructions
in the initial motd or in an install guide?

For the ISO it would be quite well!  ;-)
Hmm... ledger seems okay to me too... If anyone cares to let me know
what we settle on, I'd be happy to set it up.

-Adam