sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] svk grimoire

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] svk grimoire
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 14:17:33 +0200

Hi everyone,

as most people probably know we've been looking for a Free Software
replacement of perforce for some time.
I've setup a grimoire containing all spells needed for svk, a
distributed version control system based on subversion[1].
I believe this system provides everything we need for grimoire work, so
I'm inviting everyone to give it a try.

$ scribe add svk-grimoire from
http://w3studi.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/~vonmerad/svk-grimoire.tar.bz2
$ cast vcp-dest-svk

You might need to cast the perl version included in that grimoire first
as there have been some changes to the perl install layout that the
spells use.
Then take a look at the svk tutorials and other svk documentation and
play around with it.
I would have setup a subversion repository of the grimoire for some real
tests, but I don't have the bandwidth to provide that. So if someone has
spare bandwidth and a server with apache2, webdav and subversion to
provide a testing ground that would be great.

A note to developers with perforce access: You can pull a perforce
repository with svk, instructions for that are at
http://svk.elixus.org/?MirrorVCP
I suggest using the p4 proxy or only mirroring a part of the grimoire so
the main p4 server isn't pushed too hard as this includes mirroring
changeset information.

[1] http://svk.elixus.org/

http://www.sourcemage.org