sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] IRC Channel moves

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Terry Ross <terry AT aliboom.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] IRC Channel moves
  • Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 18:06:13 -0500

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 15:49:26 -0700
Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us> wrote:

> Quoting Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Just to let you know that the IRC channels which don't have
> > #sourcemage in front
> > of them will be phased out. I will work on setting up forwards
> > (thanks Seth!) so
> > that anyone who joins this channel will be automatically forwarded
> > to the proper
> > channel (e.g. #sorcery -> #sourcemage-sorcery). This includes the
> > move from#smgl-admin to #sourcemage-admin.
> >
> > This move is so that we fit into our naming scheme with FreeNode for
> > channel ownership and responsibilities.
>
> Alrighty, some people don't seem to like the long names using
> #sourcemage- would make and would rather #smgl-. I'd prefer
> #sourcemage so as to avoid confusing with sgml and to match our name
> as listed on: http://freenode.net/primary_groups.shtml.
>
> I've also registered the #sourcemage* string with FreeNode for our
> channels, but can probably change that to #smgl* if people think that
> #sourcemage- is too long.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> -sandalle

I would prefer #*-sourcemage if we wanted the whole name, but then the
channels would not be sequential, and you'd have to register each
channel individually. Just that tabs generally cut off in the middle of
sourcemage, so you have a whole pile of "sourcemag" tabs when using a
client in X.

Terry

--
Terry Ross | qnr | <terry at aliboom dot com> | http://linux.aliboom.com
Key BE84 EC1D FC94 D97B 9063 AD15 0F38 193A E579 6C4D