sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] IRC Channel moves

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] IRC Channel moves
  • Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 15:49:26 -0700

Quoting Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>:
> Hi all,
>
> Just to let you know that the IRC channels which don't have #sourcemage in
> front
> of them will be phased out. I will work on setting up forwards (thanks
> Seth!)
> so
> that anyone who joins this channel will be automatically forwarded to the
> proper
> channel (e.g. #sorcery -> #sourcemage-sorcery). This includes the move from
> #smgl-admin to #sourcemage-admin.
>
> This move is so that we fit into our naming scheme with FreeNode for channel
> ownership and responsibilities.

Alrighty, some people don't seem to like the long names using #sourcemage-
would
make and would rather #smgl-. I'd prefer #sourcemage so as to avoid confusing
with sgml and to match our name as listed on:
http://freenode.net/primary_groups.shtml.

I've also registered the #sourcemage* string with FreeNode for our channels,
but
can probably change that to #smgl* if people think that #sourcemage- is too
long.

Thoughts?

-sandalle