sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] GCC 4 compiled but doesn't work

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: sergey AT optimaltec.com
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] GCC 4 compiled but doesn't work
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 14:13:57 -0500

It's getting worse by the minute:
1. Sorcery thought gcc was installed correctly so it removed previous version
from cache (it was done as part of "system-update" cycle);
2. There was an error during gcc installation (something about missing include
files that were supposed to be copied somewhere) and the install didn't fail
as
it should have; we have all the `&&' signs in place, so it looks like gcc's
fault.
It looks like I need to restore gcc from the ISO to be able to do anything
:-(...

Quoting sergey AT optimaltec.com: