sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] glibc

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Craig Dyke <grail AT westnet.com.au>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] glibc
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 22:52:32 +0800

Arjan Bouter wrote:

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 18:31:14 +0800
Craig Dyke <grail AT westnet.com.au> wrote:

Arjan

Thankyou for all the details below.

you're welcome

I am in no way upset about your warning as I figured it was probably something I might have
done anyway :))

*phew* when i read my email before sending it i thought it might me considered a bit harsh, so i added that line just in case :)

I am happy to help with coreutils patch, just tell me what you would like me to do?

I'm hunting for a working coreutils patch. so far i've tried the patches from
redhat, fedora, suse, selinux.sourceforge.net and the nsa website.
They all fail :(
I also tried fixing the patches but as i'm not a programmer i get stuck at the
very same point as the patches from fedora and suse (the rest fails much
earlier).

Please also let me know what items need to be included in kernel, in case I missed any?

for selinux support you want to enable auditing support and the selinux
security

CONFIG_AUDIT=y
CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX=y
CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX_BOOTPARAM=y
CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX_BOOTPARAM_VALUE=1
# CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX_DISABLE is not set
CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX_DEVELOP=y
CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX_AVC_STATS=y
# CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX_MLS is not set

and you'll want to cast the following spells:
libselinux libsepol policy policycoreutils checkpolicy

and rebuild (if installed)
linux-pam udev shadow psmisc procps glibc

glibc will probably only compile once you're booted into an selinux enabled
kernel and with libselinux installed. I can mail you the missing init script i
was talking about, but i'd rather not until you're sure you understand the
documentation. Again no offense, but there's a real risk you lock yourself out
of your box when you enable a half implemented selinux environment. Trust me,
i've done so numerous times ;)
Let me know when/if you want them.

Also, if you use a display manager like gdm, rebuild that as well and enable
the
selinux options. for gdm i'm sure there's options, the others you'd have to
check for yourself.

ABout coreutils:
If you could try to fix one of the patches or help looking for a working one
that would be great. I've spend weeks google'ing for patches and info and 2
people have more chance of discovering something than me on my own ;)

The patches for the different distro's can be found in their respective CVS
web
client on their homepages

Some other URLs:
http://www.nsa.gov/selinux
http://selinux.sourceforge.net

nscd_stat.c:34:30: selinux/selinux.h: No such file or directory
nscd_stat.c:35:26: selinux/avc.h: No such file or directory
nscd_stat.c:81: error: field `cstats' has incomplete type
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/glibc-2.3.4/nscd'
make[3]: *** [/usr/src/glibc-2.3.4.bld/nscd/nscd_stat.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/glibc-2.3.4'
make[2]: *** [nscd/others] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/glibc-2.3.4.bld'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2

Arjan

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you.
I see you have already fixed the cracklib problem.

However, my compile of glibc 2.3.5 seems to have ended as before even though I have followed all of
your steps above.

I am using 2.6.11.7 with options selected as above.
I then recast all spells listed which completed successfully except glibc.

Any suggestions?

Craig