sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Developer position naming scheme

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Karsten Behrmann <BearPerson AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Developer position naming scheme
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 21:59:14 +0200

Heya everyone!
I just thought our developer names could use some sorcerizing (is that an
English word?)...
I'd suggest something along the lines of
Lead -> elder
(sorcery lead -> sorcery elder, project lead -> chief elder)
team member -> mage
grimoire guru -> wizard
(disk guru -> disk wizard)
hmm. Or who would be creating more spells... wizard or mage...
another name would be apprentice, but that may sound a little odd for people
who probably know their job as good as anyone could.

Just a little fun suggestion, open for comments,
So Far,
Karsten

p.s.: we should probably add a little translation at the top of the wiki page,
after all resumes do look nicer saying "leader of the scripting team" than
"sorcery elder"