sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] OpenSSH 4.0 Problems

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "David C. Haley" <dhaley AT tamsco.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] OpenSSH 4.0 Problems
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 15:31:22 +0300

Many of your are probably already aware I had problems with OpenSSH the past
few days. For those of you that missed out on all the fun allow me to further
explain. Roughly a week ago now I did my usual system update of the small
server I kee at my house. Well, shortly there after realized that I couldn't
log back in. I checked teh config files for openssh and found nothing out of
the ordinary, even dispelled and recast it (deleting out /etc/ssh and
anything that was lest in it) just to be sure. But to no affect.

Too make a long story short all my efforts to get version 4.0 working failed.
I was not able to get login access back until my second hand on teh other end
downgraded my grimoires from test to stable and installed 3.9. As soon as 3.9
was reinstalled all my problems went away and I am back up and running again.

The spell is currently in a hold status pending the release of soemthing like
4.1 where I hope things things will be resolved.

Is anyone else on the lists having a similar problem running openssh 4.0 or
is it just me?

Regards,
SilverS
---
[This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude Virus]