sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Perforce, Stunnel, and You

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Perforce, Stunnel, and You
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 01:26:50 -0600

On Feb 20, Seth Alan Woolley [seth AT positivism.org] wrote:
> I've setup a wiki on how to encrypt a connection directly to Tony:
>
> http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=PerforceStunnel

A couple of things:

- stunnel uses tcp wrappers if it finds them installed, so you need an
allow rule for this. The service is stunnel, I can't figure out what the
stupid host it uses is though. It claims to use localhost (which would
make sense), but stunnel:localhost doesn't do it. stunnel:ALL works,
though. I may track this down more in the source when I'm more awake if
someone else doesn't know the answer already...

- It's really, really slow. :-( Maybe I'm just used to using the proxies
already? I noticed zlib compression doesn't seem to work; is that
expected?