sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] need testers for valknut spell

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Mathieu L." <lejatorn AT smgl.homelinux.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] need testers for valknut spell
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 01:11:04 +0100

On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 03:24:36PM -0800, Eric Sandall wrote:
> Quoting "Mathieu L." <lejatorn AT smgl.homelinux.net>:
> > Thx,
> > Then it must indeed be my box :( and therefore if there are no nays I'll
> > pull it to test.
> >
> > On swoolley's advice I checked my memory with memtest which didn't find
> > any error in more than 1 hour (5 passes), so I'll assume the memory is
> > clean. What else could it be that goes wrong on my box? CFLAGS?
> >
> > Mathieu.
>
> Maybe your QT is broken? Try dispelling qt-x11 and then remove any alien QT
> files (`gaze alien|grep qt` will shorten the list), then recast qt-x11.
> This is
> usually a leftover of older, broken qt-x11 spells which have long since
> vanished, so most users shouldn't see that problem (as long as all of their
> QT
> installs were tracked ;)).

heh, no way I dispel qt; I had enough trouble compiling it!
and seriously, when qt itself wasn't compiling I had already checked for
leftovers, there were none.
Anyway, it doesn't really affect me since I seldom use qt apps and never
use valknut, it's just weird the way these errors occur.
I'm pulling valknut into test.

Mathieu.
--
We are Microsoft. Linux is irrelevant.
Openness is futile. Prepare to be assimilated.