sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Pine license (was: Re: Another new section maintainer)

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Pine license (was: Re: Another new section maintainer)
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 15:08:31 -0600

On Feb 17, Arwed von Merkatz [v.merkatz AT gmx.net] wrote:
> we have a new maintainer for the mail section, Jeremy Blosser (emrys)
> who recently joined us as a General Guru. The unmaintained section count
> seems to drop quite fast recently :)
> Have fun with your new section Jeremy!

Thanks. :-)

...and as I survey my new domain, I have to ask, why is the pine stuff in
here instead of in z-rejected? For those who are unaware, the UW license
is non-free; cf:

http://www.washington.edu/pine/overview/legal.html
http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/legal.html#10.1
http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/license-list.html#NonFreeSoftwareLicense
(look for "the license of PINE")

I will be looking to move mail/pine-* to z-rejected/z-mail/ unless anyone
sees a reason this shouldn't happen. Also, anything in other sections that
is under the UW license should be moved as well.