sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] linux-pam refuses to compile for me

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Kolb <jkolb AT brandeis.edu>
  • To: Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>
  • Cc: Source Mage - Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] linux-pam refuses to compile for me
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 11:26:36 -0500

Arwed von Merkatz wrote:
On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 11:11:55AM -0500, Jeremy Kolb wrote:

Ladislav Hagara wrote:

Here's my compile log for linux-pam. I tried disabling tetex and
linux-doc (by saying n to it) and it still uses them. So that's
probably a bug. I also recast the spells just in case. But here's my
log. Anyone know what's going on?

I just tried it, seems all is OK.

From your log:
/usr/bin/make -C doc all
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/Linux-PAM-0.77/doc'
Building module text from files in modules/*.sgml
Processing file ../pam

From my log:
/usr/bin/make -C doc all
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/Linux-PAM-0.77/doc'
Building module text from files in modules/*.sgml
XXX - you do not have the sgml2html binary installed
XXX - you do not have the sgml2html binary installed

So try to dispel `gaze from sgml2html`.

- lace -

Thanks, it looks like dispelling linuxdoc-tools works. I guess it's a bug then that it ignores the option to NOT use linuxdoc-tools and tetex.

Jeremy

Saying no to an optional_depends only totally disables that dependency
if the software provides a way to do it. We try to support that with all
software that does provide such a way, but many just realy on
autodetection without options to switch stuff off. So saying no to using
an optional_depends that is already installed is not always working, not
much we can do about that without much more effort spent on spells.

So why is it an optional_depends at all? Or if it is why prompt the user to even use it as it makes no difference in this case.

Jeremy