sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] LVM & RAID support

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Schabell <eric AT schabell.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] LVM & RAID support
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 21:12:04 +0100

> As far as EVMS & RAID support is concerned, I would like to know who is
> using it. It seems it requires some support in the mountall.sh script,
> which is currently missing. (I put input from erics on the wiki:
> http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=BenoitPAPILLAULTWork).

I have started using LVM2, but not thru EVMS. I am well versed with
LVM/LVM2 thru my teaching of Linux course so just used it from the cli.

This was the first chance to boot into a partion scheme with lvm
partions in SMGL. This got me to sort out the mountall.sh problems.

I think it would be really nice to have the option to install with lvm,
but realize that is only done by a few well polished distro's (SuSE as
far as I know is one of the few).

I am happy with lvm support, it is easy to take the mentioned fix on the
wiki and enclose it in an 'if' statement that looks for vgscan file for
example. RAID I have not played with yet, this is only for LVM.

Keep up the good work Benoit,

erics