sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] LVM & RAID support

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Benoit PAPILLAULT <benoit.papillault AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] LVM & RAID support
  • Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 16:08:38 +0100

Hi,

Maybe some people missed it, but in an attempt to simplify the LVM & RAID configuration in the ISO installer, evms has been added to the 0.9.4-test2 ISO (See https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/sm-discuss/2005-January/009282.html)

This has been added to have YOUR feedback. So far, no feedback comes, so evms will be removed from the next ISO release because we don't want the ISO to be bloated with features that no one is using. On the other side, if people are using it, we need them to test the ISO.

As far as EVMS & RAID support is concerned, I would like to know who is using it. It seems it requires some support in the mountall.sh script, which is currently missing. (I put input from erics on the wiki:
http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=BenoitPAPILLAULTWork).

Feedbacks needed!

Benoit PAPILLAULT, ISO guru