sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] New version of quill

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: SM Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] New version of quill
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 14:58:48 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005, Andrew "ruskie" Levstik wrote:
Here's the latest version of quill and I did note that ppl don't seem to be
using
it or maybe they just don't feel that it would be nice to recive some
feedback.
And since I know the previous version had a fatal bug in it which
I only found out about yesterday it didn't work.

Is it to much to ask that some ppl atleast try it once or twice and comment
on it.
Remember this is so that anyone who wants to make a spell without heavy
writting
can do it(without a web based interface).

Here's a little description on how it works:

The way quill works is by simply getting the spell
name(which could prolly be mangled out of the url)
the source url, license, short and normal description
depends, provides, conflicts, and then asks the
user if he wants any of the other files and then
Generates from that a "working" DETAILS, DEPENDS, CONFLICTS, PROVIDES
and HISTORY files plus any other files with the default_function output.

I plan to implement a few nice tricks into it
Like automatic bugzilla submission, automatic inclusion into some section
etc... everything user configurable of course.

For short description:
I entered a short description, pressed enter, and it opened up an
editor window. I exited and it went on to ask about dependencies.
I believe this window was for the long description, but I saw no
mention of that before being put into it.

BUILD:
If I say 'n' to using default_build for my custom BUILD, it still puts
in "default_build" to BUILD; it does not do this for INSTALL.

DETAILS:
There are quotes around everything...(except for BUILD_API=2 ;))
It picked out the correct VERSION, but didn't use SOURCE at the end of
SOURCE_URL.

HISTORY:
I like how this auto-generates based on my custom file selection. :)

-sandalle