sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] New sorcery model proposal

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Kolb <jkolb AT brandeis.edu>
  • To: Karsten Behrmann <BearPerson AT gmx.net>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] New sorcery model proposal
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 17:14:10 -0500

Karsten Behrmann wrote:
from man xdelta:

"Xdelta provides the ability to generate deltas between a pair of
files ..."

How is that similar to remote update ? I mean how would user update
sorcery from 4.5.2001 to sorcery 7.8.2005 ? By day-to-day deltas ?

I never said we shouldn't keep full tarballs around.
(as a matter of fact, I didn't say much ;-)
Maybe a full tarball for the current version and xdeltas for 3-4 older
versions would be fine.
But this might be pretty low-priority if not many people need it...
Karsten