sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] cvs updates for spells

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Ladislav Hagara <ladislav.hagara AT unob.cz>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] cvs updates for spells
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 20:06:17 +0100

I noticed that we've moved back to date versioning for some spells that
are downloaded from cvs. This is cool and all but some don't update for
a while. I was wondering if we can have it so that when sorcery runs
cvs update on it and if nothing changes then we just skip the casting of
the spell. Otherwise if the cvs repository isn't updated for a week and
you run a sorcery system-update every day you don't have to recompile
these packages everyday for no reason.

Is that possible? Just an idea from a user.

I hate having `date something` for a cvs spell...
I ussualy put cvs in the version field if I do a cvs option for the spell...

For our users is really better to use VERSION=$(date +%Y%m%d).
Is is the only one way as to ensure our users have up-to-date sources.
Of course there are some drawbacks, for example 30 versions of mplayer in /var/cache/sorcery directory. ;-)

I agree with Jeremy. I am for that new feature of sorcery too.

- lace -