sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] linux-new second release... :-\

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] linux-new second release... :-\
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 21:07:38 -0800

On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 11:43:36PM -0500, David Michael Leo Brown Jr. wrote:

> Okay, I just added a whole bunch of stuff with the new linux spell
>
> Let me know you thoughts about it and let me know any suggestions.
>
> I know the wording sucks and would like some help with nameing the Options
> and anything else that jumps out at you.
>
> This spell doesn't screw with the current linux spell so `cast -r
> linux-new` should be okay.
>
> I'm also thinking of adding an initrd creation to the options menu, however
> I'm having problems redusing the size of the initrd... I'll keep working at
> it.

All the 'exit 1's in the spell make me nervous, it'd be better to use
return 1 and not /ever/ use exit even if you plan on removing them. Its
technically undefined what happens in sorcery when you call exit since
it circumvents everything inside sorcery and sorcery could leave things
in a potentially unsafe state...

I guess I could threaten override exit() to something scary like
"do you wish to run 'rm -rf /'? [y]"

:-)

-Andrew

|Andrew D. Stitt | astitt at sourcemage.org |
|irc: afrayedknot | afrayedknot at t.armory.com |
|aim: thefrayedknot or iteratorplusplus | acedit at armory.com |
|Sorcery Team Lead | ftp://t.armory.com/ |