sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Reiser4 support

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Reiser4 support
  • Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 12:44:56 -0800

> Reiser4 is a filesystem. Successor to reiser3. I don't remember if
> it's included in the mainstream kernel yet though I believe it's in some
> branches. Would be fun to have. Check out www.namesys.com for more info.

Thanks for the link, I'll de-reference a little more in case someone wants to
whip up some spells:
Heres the reiser4progs ftp://ftp.namesys.com/pub/reiser4progs/

According to http://namesys.com/install_v4.html, all we need for kernel
support is the mm2 kernel, so we could include a secondary kernel on
the iso with support for this if people really wanted it, or get a patch
on the main kernel and use that in our default iso kernel.

I guess we also should have grub support for reiser4

-Andrew

|Andrew D. Stitt | astitt at sourcemage.org |
|irc: afrayedknot | afrayedknot at t.armory.com |
|aim: thefrayedknot or iteratorplusplus | acedit at armory.com |
|Sorcery Team Lead | ftp://t.armory.com/ |