sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Firefox test

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arjan Bouter <abouter AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Firefox test
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 17:31:31 +0100

On Fri,
17 Dec 2004 00:07:39 +0000 (Local time zone must be set--see zic
manual
page)
Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us> wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Dec 2004, Eric Sandall wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > For those of you who'd like to see firefox 1.0 in test, please help
> > test this and make sure I'm not breaking any boxes. :)
> >
> > The main changes with the new firefox are:
> > * Installs to it's own "firefox" directory; no more trampling over
> > mozilla
> > # This means that mozilla and firefox can now coexist
> > * Updated to 1.0 :)
> > * Uses Xft instead of freetype2 (had problems with the latter)
> > * Cleaner variable usage in the spell
> >
> > Problems with this release:
> > * Spells that install plug-ins need to be updated to check for
> > /usr/lib/firefox as well as /usr/lib/mozilla.
> >
> > Enjoy! And let us know how it goes.
>
> Here's an updated firefox tarball that fixes some problems johnny17
> found. :)
>
> Please test and let us know how it goes!

the cast finishes ok, but firefox won't start. no error, nothing :(

Arjan

> -sandalle
>
> --
> Eric Sandall | Source Mage GNU/Linux Developer
> eric AT sandall.us | http://www.sourcemage.org/
> http://eric.sandall.us/ | SysAdmin @ Inst. Shock Physics @ WSU
> http://counter.li.org/ #196285 | http://www.shock.wsu.edu/

+=======
Source Mage GNU/Linux developer,
Linux so advanced, it may as well be magic.
http://www.sourcemage.org

Registered as user #310617 with the Linux Counter,
http://counter.li.org.
+===