sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] FreeType2 "fix" proposal

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] FreeType2 "fix" proposal
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 00:18:55 +0000 (Local time zone must be set--see zic manual page)

Hi all,

I know some of you have been hit by the "bug" where packages do not
properly include freetype.h, and so it fails on line 20 of
/usr/include/freetype2/freetype/freetype.h, which says to have the
program use:
#include <ft2build.h>
#include FT_FREETYPE_H

I'd like to know if we should patch all the spells individually to
properly include ft2build.h at the proper time or if we should modify
freetype2 to just include ft2build.h at that point. I'm for the
latter, which I've modified my headers to do for a while and it seems
to work, as that would be less work, though perhaps not the "proper"
fix.

What do others think?

-sandalle