sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Assistant Grimoire Lead position is now available

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Seth Alan Woolley <seth AT positivism.org>
  • To: "Mathieu L." <lejatorn AT smgl.homelinux.net>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Assistant Grimoire Lead position is now available
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 18:19:54 -0800

The candidate needs 1/2 of _all_ developers to vote affirmate, so it is
possible that if there are not enough votes (for whatever reason), the
candidate may not be able to win enough approval. For this reason, I
ask non-voters to reconsider their non-vote in more detail.

For a short explanation of how much trust these people already have in
Robin, I am pointing out an excerpt from the smgl-credits file:

http://seth.positivism.org/files/smgl-credits

Grimoire bullets per contributor
10254 eric sandall
4972 robin cook
3332 arwed v. merkatz

He's the second largest contributor[1] to the grimoire, above the current
grimoire leader, and he's only up for assistant grimoire leader. Eric
Sandall is the current overall project team leader.

Perhaps if Robin gave an short speech, he could convince these fellow
developers to vote. ;)

Seth

[1] Note that level of difficulty is not computed in calculating grimoire
"bullets" -- it's only how many bullets appear in history file entries
these people have added. However, Robin was responsible for the gnome
sections and no doubt understands the intricacies of getting a large
project to build into a cohesive unit.

On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 08:32:59PM +0100, Mathieu L. wrote:

> > I'm newbe as sourcemage developer... so I don't know candidates'
> > ability...
> > so, don't vote :)
> >
> Same here, I don't know CuZnDragon enough to express myself on that
> matter so I don't vote.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mathieu.

Key id EF10E21A = 36AD 8A92 8499 8439 E6A8 3724 D437 AF5D EF10 E21A
http://smgl.positivism.org:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xEF10E21A
Security Team Leader Source Mage GNU/Linux http://www.sourcemage.org