sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] small glitch in the iso

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Benoit PAPILLAULT <benoit.papillault AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] small glitch in the iso
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 12:37:21 +0100

Arjan Bouter a écrit :
want me to post a bug?

Yes

that's 1024x768 in 16bit color
My guess is that newer cards have some trouble with lower resolutions/color
depth.

So, what happens is that the colors used by the installer (which are the colors used by sorcery I think) might be displayed on the screen with the same colors? If so, we should find colors that are not displayed the same.

But i still don't understand, I though the linux console was supposed to have the same width x height x color depth everywhere. Am I wrong?

Doest the initrd menu works? If so, why the initrd menu works and not the installer menu? Is there some init.d scripts that corrupt the linux console?

Anyway, I really want to correct this bug since it's useless to make an ISO if some people see nothings on their screen. However, right now, it will be marked as "unreproducible" :-(

Benoit PAPILLAULT, ISO team