sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] linux cast wierdness

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Lyon Lemmens <redlemon AT knoware.nl>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] linux cast wierdness
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 12:20:21 +0200

Today I was casting the latest mm-kernel and it stopped immediately upon
building.

I noticed it tried to build for ARCH='' which didn't look right to me. Found
that in CONFIGURE ARCH gets set from KERNEL_ARCH which is supposed to be a
persistent variable.

looking in /etc/sorcery/local/depends/linux.p KERNEL_ARCH was indeed set to
''. So I edited the file, put i386 in it. Cast -c linux again. ARCH='' and
hey presto, linux.p shows a blank KERNEL_ARCH.

Hmmmm. cast -r -c linux. Choose i386. no go. same result.
Scratch, hmmmm. added a 'cat /etc/sorcery/local/depends/linux.p' at the end
of PREPARE and at the start of CONFIGURE.

cast -r -c linux, choose arch = i386:

end of prepare:
linux.p:
KERNEL_ARCH=""386
OLD_CONFIG="y"
USE_GUI="n"
REUSE_SOURCE="y"
CONFIG_KERNEL=""

start of CONFIGURE:
linux.p:
KERNEL_ARCH="i386"
OLD_CONFIG="y"
USE_GUI="n"
REUSE_SOURCE="y"
CONFIG_KERNEL="y"
CONFIG_KERNEL=""
KERNEL_ARCH=""

I can't explain this. Anybody who can? Is it a malconfiguration of my box,
or should I fire up sorcery-bugs?

--
Lyon Lemmens
redlemon AT knoware.nl