sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] AMD 64

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Schabell <eschabell AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] AMD 64
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 08:46:36 +0000

> > I'd like to thanks Laurent WANDREBECK to share his machine (I've never
> > see the machine I worked on). For this reason, I'm not gonna do more
> > work on x86_64 right now.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Benoit PAPILLAULT, Source Mage ISO Guru
>
> I hope all of you folks who have an AMD64 and are working on porting Source
> Mage to it are comparing notes with each other and working together rather
> than each one doing it independently. It would make the whole process go
> much quicker with fewer headaches, IMO. Should we create an official AMD64
> subteam of the Porting team and sign people up to it?

I was rather hoping that he would post it to a wiki page... but is the
wiki still closed? I thought that he was posting his findings to his own
website... that is too bad.

As far as coordinating such a new section/team/sub-project, I believe
the PL should be picking this up. He is responsible for guiding the
entrie smgl project.

erics