sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Visiting links in Galeon and epiphany

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Bearcat M. Sandor" <Sorcerer AT TheDragonsEdge.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Visiting links in Galeon and epiphany
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 23:48:33 -0600

Folks,

I know I've asked a few times in the chat room, but I'm hoping to reach
a wider audience here.

I'm on the test grimore and have mozilla, galeon2 and epiphany
installed. Mozilla runs just fine.

Galeon2 and epiphany load just fine. However, when ever I try to visit a
web site, i get:

galeon: symbol lookup
error: /usr/lib/mozilla-1.7.2/components/libnecko.so: undefined symbol:
PR_GetAddrInfoByName

I've erased all traces of mozilla, firefox and Galeon before doing a
'cast -r -c' on both mozilla and galeon2. Still no luck.

I note that this started happening after i updated to gnome 2.8. What
could be a cause there?

Thanks folks,

Bearcat M. Sandor