sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Re: sourcemage goodies in Europe: please answer if you're interested

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Mathieu L" <lejatorn AT linuxmail.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Re: sourcemage goodies in Europe: please answer if you're interested
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 19:23:21 +0000

> > > So, what I'd like to know is:
> > > - -how many users in total are we (on average)?
> >
> > I can't seem to find the link anymore, but I believe one of our devs said
> > that
> > we get about 400 unique IPs each month (maybe it was week, I cannot
> > recall) for
> > downloading the grimoires.
> >
> http://www.sitemeter.com/default.asp?action=stats&site=s13sourcemage&report=35
>
> > > - -how many are really interested (not only Europeans since it's also to
> > > promote the sourcemage movement ;)) ?
> >
> > Not to put a damper on this, but we don't get many sales through our
> > CafePress
> > store after the initial rush when it was first created.
> >
> I would imagine that it was too expensive for our european users with
> postage costing more than the articles....
>
> erics

Yeah,
Anyway I told him the truth, that's to say only 2 people (besides me) seemed
to be
_really_ interested so far therefore he thinks (and who could blame him?)
that
it's better to wait for the number of users to grow.
I'm frustrated, I didn't think it was that geeky to want sourcemage related
stuff
but apparently we're not that numerous to want that...
I'll ask again in a few months, we'll see.

Smeg, what we need is a wiki page where you can put your name if you're
interested
and more important, a link to this one on the main page so that ppl don't
miss it.
Then after a few weeks we will see if there is a real will about that.
I can do the wiki page but I wouldn't know how to put the link on the main
page,
could anyone do it?

Cheers,
Mathieu.
We are Microsoft. Linux is irrelevant.
Openness is futile. Prepare to be assimilated.