sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] sorcery, and beyond

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] sorcery, and beyond
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 10:00:38 -0700

Quoting Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>:
<snip>
> So I guess the question I pose is, do we want to wait for me to get the
> libdepends queries spiffed up in a week or two, or push devel into test
> sooner and thus release stable (without that feature) sooner.

That depends. Do we want more people testing on what is already in there
sooner
or wait until the fixes are in?

I'd say pull what you want into test and release that. Then when you have the
libdepends in the next test release, and once we're sure all of that is good
we
can make a new stable. This way we don't rush a stable release and have more
time for testing the majority of the new features.

> If we go without that feature I can code it up after words and have a very
> minimal 1.12 in September. If we go with the feature I would imagine that
> the next stable (with many more improvements) will be done in october.
>
> As for those future features, my rough mental list is as follows:
> sorcery upgrade hooks (so we can change persistent state data)
> *the infamous "installed grimoire" (more state info)
> *delve (run individual spell commands, allows lower level control)
> *bless (menu generator)
> *better resurrect support
> *yet more depends "stuff" (dealing with failures, cross grimoire depends,
> dispel, and maybe sub-depends)
> *possible adjustments to triggers
>
> What do we want to be around for iso releases? Or specifically the
> september iso release?

Better resurrect support and the cross-grimoire depends get my vote (so mostly
cleanup of existing code rather than "new" features ;)).

> -Andrew

-sandalle