sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] cdrom/dvd has disappeared.

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Rohan Nicholls <rohan.nicholls AT pareto.nl>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] cdrom/dvd has disappeared.
  • Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 13:56:19 +0200

And yet more questions.

I have been reading about the return to the /dev/ system, but I am not sure I have got it.

Here is the dmesg printout for the cdrom:

ide_setup: hda=ide-scsi
ide0: BM-DMA at 0xbfa0-0xbfa7, BIOS settings: hda:DMA, hdb:pio
hda: QSI CD-RW/DVD-ROM SBW242U, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive

When I have normally set this up, the /dev/hda would be turned into /dev/sda and all would be hunky dory, however there is now neither /dev/hda nor /dev/sda. Should I be using the /udev/ system?

So at the moment I cannot mount the cdr/dvd drive, and was wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

Thanks,

Rohan