sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] dia crash

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Bas van Gils <Bas.vanGils AT cs.kun.nl>
  • To: Discuss-list <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] dia crash
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 20:04:05 +0200

On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 09:27:46AM -0700, Eric Sandall wrote:
[ ... ]
> Are any other apps having problems?

Errr , only gvim... that has been giving me headaches for a while now
(crashes on alt-tab at random intervals.. sent a coredump to the author and
he couldn't make much of it either). Apart from that everything else works
just fine.

> I've been using dia the last few days through a forwarded X connection via
> ssh and it saves just fine. You may want to try recompiling dia and if that
> doesn't work, it's dependencies.

I already did that and it didn't help. Also tried removing ~/.dia without much
luck :-(

> Make sure you have read and write access to those files and execute
> permissions to /home/basvg (but then a bunch of other stuff would probably
> be broken as well if these weren't set already ;)).

:-)

I noticed that someone else had raised a bug on the dia Bugzilla this morning.
Apparently I'm not the only one with problems. I mentioned it on IRC and at
least 1 other person (forgot the name/nick unfortunately) had the same
problem. I'm guessing it's a general problem... not something on my box.

Bas

--
drs. Bas van Gils <Bas.vanGils AT cs.kun.nl> GPG Key ID: 2768A493
Radbout university nijmegen institute for computing and information sciences