sm-discuss - Re: Re: [SM-Discuss] freetype2 and firefox

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Bas van Gils <bas.vangils AT cs.kun.nl>
  • To: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Re: [SM-Discuss] freetype2 and firefox
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 10:26:29 +0200

On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 01:07:06PM -0700, Eric Sandall wrote:

> Any idea why glibc failed? (No space? Some error?)

I'm not really sure but I do know that somehow PERL is involved. At a
certain point, all commands failed (like Paul wrote). So I took the train
to work and with help from several ppl on IRC we tried to fix it by
booting from CD, trying to ressurect a glibc (one from my box, and one of
Worf's). That seemed to fix it, at least partially. Chroot worked, reboot
worked. However, when I tried to cast a fresh glibc it failed during
make install because PERL was borked. Ressurecting PERL failed because...
glibc was borked. And so on. I did some more searching and suspect that
more stuff is broken so I'm going to do a full reinstall next Wednesday.

Never did that on my own by the way (last time Erics helped me) so I'll
probably ask for help on IRC :-)

Cheers

Bas

P.S. since my work-box doesn't work too well atm, I don't read my mail as
often as I usually do, please send urgent comments to bas.vangils AT home.nl

--
drs. Bas van Gils <Bas.vanGils AT cs.kun.nl> | /(bb|[^b]{2})/
http://www.cs.kun.nl/~basvg | that's the question