sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] freetype2 and firefox

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Bas van Gils <Bas.vanGils AT cs.kun.nl>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] freetype2 and firefox
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 20:55:26 +0200

On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 11:36:34AM -0400, Jackson Alley wrote:
> Just a quick observation that that line 451 error you're getting seems to be
> something to do with the debugger:
[...]
> Maybe someone knows more than I do but that error seems to be your
> $moz_debug, but what optimizations do you have set? won't the strip varible
> remove a lot of debugging info? if you have that set try turning that off?
> It's running wonderfully for me, but I think I only used speedy to compile.

I've tried several optimization settings. My first try was with speedy and
strip. I also tried without those, both with pentium4 and pentium3
optimization architectures. I tried this on both my boxes just to make sure
it's not something machine-specific (like borked memory or something like
that).

Anyway, I've recompiled firefox about 8 times over the last few days and it's
still not working. Version 0.80 seems to work. If someone has some tips /
things to try then I will...

Thanks so far for all the help and suggestions. Hope we can get this solved.

Bas

--
drs. Bas van Gils <Bas.vanGils AT cs.kun.nl> | /(bb|[^b]{2})/
http://www.cs.kun.nl/~basvg | that's the question