sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Weekly Grimoire Reports

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Schabell <eschabell AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Weekly Grimoire Reports
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 12:19:40 +0200

On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 11:35:49AM -0700, Eric Sandall wrote:
> Hello Grimoire Gurus,
>
> I'd like us to (re)start doing our weekly grimoire reports to sm-discuss as
> outlined in our Grimoire Gurus Handbook[0]:
> "The deadline for section maintainers to get reports in is Thursday 0000
> GMT.
>
> Grimoire team will attempt to release a "Grimoire update report" every week
> around Friday."

This can be scripted / crond now with the guru-tools update I just did.

1) use image.sh to create a file for the grimoire of you choice, this is
the starting point:

./image.sh <path-to-grimoire> | tee grimoire-date.image

2) after a week of updates run a current situation image:

./image.sh <path-to-same-grimoire> | tee grimoire-date.image

3) run a report:

./report.pl <first-image> <second-image> | tee report.txt

Take a look, this can be pushed to the lists as is or beautified if
someone wants to spend some time on the scripts.

erics
--
Eric D. Schabell M.Sc. - Z-Rejected Guru - http://www.sourcemage.org
irc: irc.freenode.net (#sourcemage), nick -> erics