sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] fcron

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Womack <eric AT sourcemage.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] fcron
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 21:45:11 -0700

I'm feeling this out first before filing a bug...

At the end of the compile log for fcron I get:

----------

./script/boot-install "/bin/install -c -o root" /sbin 0 /var/spool/fcron 0 .
./script/boot-install: line 57: test: : integer expression expected

Fcron should be started by your init scripts.
The installation process is going to try to install fcron in them.

Note that if you answer no to a proposition made at this point by
the installation script, it will try to propose another way to do it.
(if there are several possibilities, a list will be printed before each
action)

If you answer no to all the propositions of the script, or if the script
fails, a message will be printed telling you what you should do manually.

The script proposes the following location to do it :
/etc/init.d/fcron

Installation process failed to install fcron in your init scripts :
please do it manually.

You should now stop the old version of fcron and start the new one.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/fcron-2.9.4'

Is this normal? The install does not fail, but fcron does not start.

Ideas?