sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Interesting cleanse --fix results

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Interesting cleanse --fix results
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 18:31:05 -0700

> [[ STRIP (Metricom radio) hardware support? -> on ]]
> Wrong value !!!
> Checking integrity of tcl
>

> What's this "Wrong value !!!" Stuff?
> I've never seen this before and I'm not sure if it's a bug or perhaps my
> machine is being stoopid.

Its not your machine. Whats happening is the net-tools spell got adjusted
to use the new config_query interfaces. However the version of those
functions in test/stable were implemented with the mindset that if the
value is not "y" or "n" then its a fatal error and we must call exit
*sigh*. So whats happened is the old version of the spell used values
of "off" and "on" and those values are absorbed into the environment
from their old values and now it looks like they got some value that
was horribly wrong. I've hence fixed the problem in devel and its had
sufficient bake time that I think there aren't any problems with it. I'll
push it into to test sorcery tonight. Then we'll have to go from there...

-Andrew