sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] hotplug and udev

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] hotplug and udev
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 14:59:25 -0700

> I got a bit of a fright yesterday. My system failed during boot when it
> got to the udev stuff. What had happened is that I had updated hotplug
> and udev and both failed. I thought nothing of it but udev failed during
> the install stage, I think hotplug did as well. The problem was it
> couldn't find "/usr/bin/install" during the "make install". I later
> found this in "/bin" and so made a symlink. I'm using test grimoire and
> stable sorcery.
>
> I'm not sure if this is a problem with something I did or genuine problem.
>
> Can anyone else verify this to be a problem? Should I submit a bug?

It seems that on my boxes /usr/bin/install is already a symlink, and owned
by coreutils. It seems that the coreutils build still has code to make
that symlink too. What iso did you install from and what is the output of
gaze installed|grep coreutils
the second field should be the last known time you built that spell...

-Andrew

|Andrew D. Stitt | astitt at sourcemage.org |
|irc: afrayedknot | afrayedknot at t.armory.com |
|aim: thefrayedknot or iteratorplusplus | |
|Sorcery Team Lead, Porting Team Lead | |
|Grimoire Guru ham/smgl | ftp://t.armory.com |
|Author and Maintainer of Prometheus | |