sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] optional not exactly depends

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Geoffrey Derber <gderber AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] optional not exactly depends
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 13:57:49 -0500

I wanted to throw this idea out. Sometimes it seems that there is a situation which isn't exactly an optional depends issue, but very similar.

Ie, Spell A is an enhancement to spell B and depends on spell B(example, rss-glx screensavers for xscreensaver). I was thinking it might be nice to have an "optional_somethingorother" which informs the user when casting spell B, that spell A exists, and ask them if they'd like to install it after spell B is installed.

Geoff