sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] man problem

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Craig Dyke <grail AT westnet.com.au>
  • To: discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] man problem
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 19:45:57 +0800

I seem to be having a problem with man of some items.

The following output is the general error:

spellcaster:~# man cp
man: No such file or directory
Failed to open the message catalog man on the path NLSPATH=<none>

No manual entry for cp

Now I have found that I have a man.1 and a man.1p

If I type man 1p cp then I get information I am looking for.
Can someone tell me how I get the man.Xp (X any number) included
in search path?

Curious as to why this isn't done by spell when it appears that spell creates
the 'p' extension man pages.

Craig