sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] perl_spell_creator

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Vladimír Marek <vlmarek AT volny.cz>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] perl_spell_creator
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 16:10:40 +0200

Hello I would like to send you my current work to possibly recieve some
comments. Don't look at the code, it's yet ugly, rather concentrate to
the results (if any).

The script create_perl.pl avaits one parameter wich is perl module name,
and it should create basis of a perl module spell. You will probably
need to run it as root, since it uses CPAN module to download module
source, usually to /root/.cpan/... directory.

The script must be executed from it's directory.

The script will create CPAN/perl-cpan/module/* in current directory.

Now I am looking for some ways, how to implement dependencies out of
perl scope (SDL library for SDL-perl module for example) and for custom
building rules. Also I want it to transform to use v2.0 api (after the
BUILD split).

The main disadvantage to generate perl spells dynamically on the fly is
for me that we would force user to configure CPAN to be able to cast any
perl script. For offline users just holding /var/spool/sorcery/* this
would be bad news. What do you think about this ?

--
Neuron